The 2012 EPE-PEMC Council Awards have been approved for:
1. Prof. Tore M. Undeland, Norway
Citation: For his outstanding contributions to the field of Power Electronics and Electric Drives by his research in UPS, High Frequency Induction Heating, SMPS, Systems for Stand-alone and Grid Integrated Photo Voltaic, Wind Energy including offshore applications, and Smartgrid Systems, not mentioning the “Undeland snubber” and for his long-standing support to the course of PEMC and EPE.
2. Prof. Grahame D. Holmes, Australia
Citation: For fundamental contributions to the theoretical and practical understanding of the complex processes of open-loop modulation and closed-loop control of switched power converter and for the outstanding support of the international, professional Community by his papers, participation in many conferences all over the world especially in the EPE-PEMC conference series.
The announcement was made by Prof. Marian Kazmierkowski, the Chairman of the EPE-PEMC Awards Committee. The Award were handed over by Prof. Istvan Nagy, the Chairman of the EPE-PEMC Council and Prof. Jean-Luc Thomas, President of the EPE Association in presence of Prof. Vladimir Katic, EPE-PEMC 2012 ECCE Europe General Chair, Prof. Dushan Boroyevich, EPE-PEMC 2012 ECCE Europe Co-Chair & 2004 EPE-PEMC Award winner and Prof. Atsuo Kawamura, Japan, 2008 EPE-PEMC Award winner during the EPE-PEMC’12 Gala Dinner on the 5th Sept. 2012 in the Hotel Park Novi Sad, Serbia.
History of recipients of the EPE-PEMC Award
1. Prof. Leonhard, Germany – Budapest PEMC’96
2. Prof. Yamamura, Japan – Prag PEMC’98
3. Prof. Ferraris, Italy – Kosice, EPE-PEMC 2000
4. Prof. Masada, Japan – Kosice, EPE-PEMC 2000
5. Prof. Kassakian, USA – Dubrovnik, EPE-PEMC 2002
6. Prof. Boldea, Romania – Dubrovnik, EPE-PEMC 2002
7. Prof. Dushan Boroyevich, USA – Riga, EPE-PEMC 2004
8. Prof. Kuohei Ohnishi, Japan – Riga, EPE-PEMC 2004
9. Prof. Robert D. Lorenz, USA – Portoroz, EPE-PEMC 2006
10. Prof. Rik DeDoncker, Germany – Portoroz, EPE-PEMC 2006
11. Prof. Thomas G. Habetler, USA – Poznan, EPE-PEMC 2008
12. Prof. Atsuo Kawamura, Japan – Poznan, EPE-PEMC 2008
13. Prof. Thomas A. Lipo, USA – Ohrid, EPE-PEMC 2010
14. Prof. Frede Blaabjerg, Denmark – Ohrid, EPE-PEMC 2010
15. Prof. Tore M. Undeland, Norway – Novi Sad, EPE-PEMC 2012 ECCE Europe
16. Prof. Grahame D. Holmes, Australia – Novi Sad, EPE-PEMC 2012 ECCE Europe